Friday, November 30, 2007

My Very Best

I'm not too great today because Michael, a very close family friend of our family, has just been diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour and all of a sudden we are all being told he has one,at most three, months to live.

He and his wife both taught me at school and its all pretty devastating. My mum is over at their house right now and me and my dad are going over later. Its all really awful for everyone because they are two of the nicest people I know and Michael always used to wear stripy coloured socks even though he was always very quiet.

Plus, we all only just got over JP killing himself and Michael's wife Caroline was best friend's with JP's mum.

All this tumour stuff has just happened within the last few days and everything is going very fast.

People I know keep dying and it just doesn't seem right.

2 comments:

Daren said...

This sounds like my life about 3 years ago. I lost two friends from brain tumours, one from suicide and several relations (including my mother) from other cancers and related illnesses. It's not easy, but people do die or get ill... it doesn't have anything to do with you. In fact, for the most part we live longer and have better lives than our ancestors ever had... not easy though, but you are not alone. Stay strong, be yourself and well... errrr, that's about all the advice I have.

Dxx

P.S. Happy to talk more if it's of any comfort... I've been there.

Peach said...

hello red
hang in there, somehow, just hang in there xxx