Friday, October 26, 2007

Monster Hospital

Finally got this months copy of Elle Magazine, which was, until this issue, my favourite fashion mag. Great articles, great featured celebs, good interviews and, obviously, amazing fashion. But one thing that completely overrode all of these positive aspects in this month's issue was the continual and unabated manner in which the editors shoved fur down the readers' throats.

I'd say at least fifty percent of the sponsors this month featured fur in their ads. Outrageously enough, I counted at least 31 pages of fur (including a whole fashion shoot dedicated to the nasty stuff) plus a Chanel bag made of alligator skin.

Whats that all about??

I felt instantly guilty for buying it in the first place and unsuspectingly and indirectly supporting the fur trade and by default animal cruelty. And so to make myself feel slightly less guilty and less angry I decided to write a stern e-mail to the magazine and report them to PETA. And obviously, I can never buy the magazine ever again.

Sure, they may never read the e-mail, or care, but at least I'll feel a little bit better for having done something about it.

Seriously guys, we are neither primitive cavemen nor Inuits.

We don't need animals to make clothes with anymore and I think its pretty fucking pathetic that vanity can cost lives and fashion could kill.

Stop the madness.
Fight the fur.

We have polyester now, kids.

No comments: