Saturday, October 6, 2007

Method Acting

So last night, after more than a year away, I finally went back to my old high school to watch my little brother play sax in one of my school's many showcases.

I was absolutely terrified of bumping into people I really didn't want to have to see, and worried that too many questions would result in arousing suspicion as to the real reason I'm back in town. Part of me really didn't want to go, because I didn't really want to have to plaster on a fake smile and look of interest for people I don't miss or care about. Not to be a bitch, but this is how I roll.

We arrived early, and I instantly wished I had a paper bag over my head.

Luckily, I managed to get through the night only having seen a few people that I didn't mind seeing at all. The old librarian, my ballet teacher, Jade's ex Marian (who I knew way before Jade corrupted her) and adorable little Teddy, who really isn't so little anymore (I would guess he is probably about 6' 2" now).

Considering the fact that I spent the entire journey there muttering, "Shit...fuck...bastard...." under my breath like some sort of tourettes' driven mantra, it was actually a pretty alright night.

2 comments:

Ben said...

When I was reading your blog earlier, I assumed you meant the country Georgia, rather than the US state.

You really had my sympathy then.

Red said...

Ha. Trust me, if you had ever spent an extended period of time in this cess-pit you would be more than sympathetic. you would cry tears of empathy every time you read my blog
: ).